Welcome to the research guide for British Novel. The resources in this guide have been selected to help you make this class a success.
On this page, find course information and a quick list of resources to get you started.
The following can help you start your research.
See the Library Resources tab for more extensive lists of suggested materials.
- Gale Literature Resource Center
Gale Literature Resource Center is Gale’s most current, comprehensive, and reliable online literature resource, offering the broadest and most representative range of authors and their works, including a deep collection of full-text critical and literary analysis for literary studies.
- Studies in English Literature
Historical and critical essays contributing significantly to the understanding of English literature, –.
- Studies in the Novel
An international literary quarterly that publishes literary criticism and scholarship on the novel. Includes essays on well-known and lesser-known novelists of all periods and countries.
- A Companion to the Victorian Novel byCall Number: eBookISBN: 1405132914Publication Date:
The Companion to the Victorian Novel provides contextual and critical information about the entire range of British fiction published between and .
- Ghost-Seers, Detectives, and Spiritualists byCall Number: 823.809 Sm15gISBN: 0521191882Publication Date:
This book is a study of the narrative techniques that developed for two very popular forms of fiction in the nineteenth century—ghost stories and detective stories—and the surprising similarities between them in the context of contemporary theories of vision and sight.
English at Northwestern
These links will take you to official NWOSU university pages.
- School of Arts & Sciences
The departments within the school offer a total of fifteen majors and twenty minors at the undergraduate level and a master of arts in American studies at the graduate level.
- English, Foreign Language & Humanities
The Department of English, Foreign Language & Humanities offers a broad range of courses leading to the bachelor of arts degree in English or English education. Students may also pursue a minor in English, writing, or Spanish.
- EnglishThe English Program at Northwestern Oklahoma State University offers a full range of courses in American, British, and world literature in addition to courses in creative writing, film studies, technical writing, and advanced composition in order to prepare students for academic and non-academic professional endeavors.