Early American Literature
Welcome to the research guide for American Literature to . This guide contains library resources and research materials to help you make this class a success.
On this page, find course information and a quick list of resources to get you started.
The following can help you start your research.
See the Library Resources tab for more extensive lists of suggested materials.
- Gale Literature Resource Center
Gale Literature Resource Center is the most current, comprehensive, and reliable online resource for research on literary topics, authors, and their works.
- Humanities International Complete
Humanities International Complete provides the full text of hundreds of journals, books and other published sources from around the world.
- Early American Literature
A scholarly quarterly journal devoted to scholarship and criticism of American literature through .
- Early American Studies
Offers a sampling of recent work along with occasional pieces commissioned to survey important aspects in history, literary studies, art history and material culture, and other fields examining America before .
- Major Writers of Early American Literature byCall Number: 810.9 Em33mISBN: 9780299061944Publication Date:
Major Writers of Early American Literature provides a fresh appraisal of the most important authors of seventeenth- and eighteenth-century America.
- Reading Columbus byCall Number: eBookISBN: 9780520913943Publication Date:
Christopher Columbus authored over a hundred documents, many of them letters giving testimony on the Discovery to Isabela and Ferdinand. In this first book in English to focus specifically on these writings, Margarita Zamora offers an original analysis of their textual problems and ideological implications.
English at Northwestern
These links will take you to official NWOSU university pages.
- School of Arts & Sciences
The departments within the school offer a total of fifteen majors and twenty minors at the undergraduate level and a master of arts in American studies at the graduate level.
- English, Foreign Language & Humanities
The Department of English, Foreign Language & Humanities offers a broad range of courses leading to the bachelor of arts degree in English or English education. Students may also pursue a minor in English, writing, or Spanish.
- EnglishThe English Program at Northwestern Oklahoma State University offers a full range of courses in American, British, and world literature in addition to courses in creative writing, film studies, technical writing, and advanced composition in order to prepare students for academic and non-academic professional endeavors.